- The secondment is mandatory and must be relevant to the fellow’s research project and to their career development.
- The secondment duration will be between 3 to 6 months. This may be undertaken in a single period or split into shorter periods.
- Whilst the main research must be carried out in Ireland, the secondment may be undertaken abroad.
- The proposal must indicate a plan for the secondment with its general details such as type of organisation, proposed duration, timing, and technical objective.
- It is not mandatory to specify the secondment host at the application stage. ALECS will provide assistance to fellows who have not finalised a specific secondment host at the application stage.
- The eligible secondment hosts will be research performing non-academic organisations.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No. 754489.