- The secondment is mandatory and must be relevant to the fellow’s research project and to his/her career development.
- It will have between 3 to 6 months duration, which may be undertaken in a single period or split into shorter periods.
- Whilst the main research project must be carried out in Ireland, the secondment may be undertaken abroad.
- The proposal must indicate a plan for the secondment with its general details (e.g. type of organisation, proposed duration, timing, technical objective). Please note that it is not mandatory to specify the exact secondment host at the application stage, and that ALECS will provide assistance to fellows who have not finalised a specific secondment host.
- The eligible secondment hosts will be research performing non-academic organisations.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No. 754489.